Birth-month~

Sunday, September 2, 2007
Today is the second day of my "birth-month." Unlike most people who just celebrate their actual day of birth, I have adopted a different approach to the whole thing. I celebrate my life for the whole entire month of September.... and the actual day of my birth, September the 8th, I call "birthday-cake-day" Soooooo you guessed it, I buy myself stuff all month long :-)
Today I went to an outdoor peddlers flea market. I was very lucky. I was on a mission to purchase some old photographs. I came across a rather large stack of photos.... prices were from 4 dollars and up to 20 bucks. *gasp* so I found a little one...no price and asked all wided eyed and giving it my best "please give me a deal" look..... and the guy said. A buck. I smiled! Then he said..... they are all a buck. I smiled even bigger and said....Mister, I'm going to need a bag~ I bought 35 new family members :-P

Here is a close up of one of my favorites, cute huh~

I was coming across a lot of "dollar tables" I am guessing due to the extreme heat lol. Here is a photo of a box of headbands that were worn in parades, the whole box for a dollar~ I got a huge bag of old zippers, a hand mirror, buttons, tons of thread.... oh and a box of diaries from a school girl from 1915 to 1918, only 5 bucks for 5 of them....from what I've read so far she was in love with a "nice kid" named Dewey. Ahhhhhhhhhh cute.
I also bought this old doll for a dollar. I HAD to buy him because it made me sad to see him laying in the full sun. He is really needing a bath and an adorable outfit, then he will look happier. He is missing some eye lashes and his soft plastic is a little torn where his leg creases by his dimpled butt... but he is much happier, and isn't that whats important?
Lastly I'm posting this horse (it even has little wheels under its feet) I bought for 2 bucks. I know, I buy such junk.... but I was thinking... wouldn't this be so cute reupholstered with chenille fabrics? Yep, now your seeing it... cute~ I also bought two large carved frames .50 cents, a boat in a bottle .10cents, a brand new gromet punch with gromets for .10 cents, a large wooden card display stand with a plexi-glass cover for .50 cents... and tons more but its all put away-- and I can't remember half of it lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment