:-)

Sunday, September 23, 2007
Oh-my-gooooooooooooodness! I went to several yard sales today. Yes, on a Sunday, can you believe it? I hit pay dirt, and I hit it big time~ I must admit, I am super duper lucky when it comes to finding stuff and getting things rather cheap. It comes from years & years of practicing my skill. Something I like to call "razzle-dazzle." If you were to see me in action you'd see what I'm talking about and fully understand lol. Anywho...back to my bounty! At one sale, I got all of the above for 3 bucks. A glass stand, some vintage plastic Christmas stuff, small frames, a lot of jewelry, ribbon and a funny little metal stand. Isn't that glass tiered stand so darn cute? I got it so cheap because there is a large nut at the bottom of it that makes the darn thing kinda lop-sided. They had a "free pile" which I went through and pulled out a metal stand... I thought I could certainly use that for something... I realized later that the metal stand was actually the base for the tiered glass piece. Happy-happy-joy-joy!

Next yard sale.... wow. I was poking around in the garage, nothing fabulous when all of a sudden the gal asks me if I sew. Well...YES I do, why? Inside the house laying on the carpet was a massive selection of sewing goods, paints, bindings, ribbons, lace, glue etc/etc/etc. It was just way to much for my little ol' heart! I said..."I'm going to need several boxes lol. Sure enough, I loaded up two boxes and a bag~ all of which I paid $20 bucks for. *gasp* I know! At a yard sale? I never pay more than 10 bucks for anything.... but, I was seeing the prices on the things that I was placing in my boxes, and $20 bucks would have bought me two of the things I had in just one box, so needless to say it was a fabulous purchase. I got... several scissors, several rotary cutters, packs & packs of rotary blades. Boxes of embossing powders (most never opened) sewing machine needles that will last me the rest of my lifetime. A huge box of tassles, ribbons, several containers of oil for my sewing machine, a vintage made burlap bag that holds yard sticks (came with 4 yard sticks, 1 metal-1 extra thick for quilting and 2 regular) a tin full of velcro, a tin full of lace appliques... two containers of metal studs for clothing or paper accents....ummmmmmmmm some markers that are like paint brushes, some vintage gift tags, a white "hand" (I collect hand statues)The photos below are just some of the items I got, I always get so eagar to put stuff away before I remember to take pictures! lol

A box of glass knobs, silk thread, rhinestone do-hickies....
So much fun stuff... now I'm just needing some fabulous containers to display all this fun stuff so I can see it to use it lol


0 comments:

Post a Comment