Dollar days~

Saturday, September 1, 2007
I had a fun day shopping at our local thrift stores this morning. It was super hot but that didn't stop me. Here are some photos of some of the things I purchased. I bought the two round flowered centerpieces for a dollar each.
Do you see the large spool of blackness??? Well that is FOUR HUNDRED yards of 1 inch black gro-grain ribbon....which cost me a whopping dollar~ *grins* The wooden shelf was a dollar. I am going to put a beadboard back on it and use it to hold small stuff in my studio. The large bulletin board was 3 dollars. I am just needing to add some fabric to finish it off. Here are two matching vintage wall thingies. These were both a dollar each. I was thinking I would make some "jar faires" and hang the jars from those metal circles on the plaques.



The paper cutter I bought for 6 buckeroos.... the two tassles, clipboard and two hanging his/her hooks were a dollar for the lot. (bought a few weekends ago :-) Finally my "day book" from the 1900's. This I bought (I think) last weekend and I'm finally posting a photo of it. I got this gem for 2 bucks.

The only bad thing is... it is all written in pencil and the pages are so yellowed that the writing is faint. Still visable but faint. Ohhhhhhh and I got 6 brand new rub-off transfers for 4 bucks....fun stuff.


0 comments:

Post a Comment