My first quilt~

Wednesday, November 28, 2007
I finally finished the "Yo Gabba-Gabba" quilt for my grandsons first Christmas (one of zillions of presents lol) The first attempt failed as the images of the show's characters I printed from my printer onto fabric ran when they got wet. Luckily I had just finished only one block when I found that out. Whew... I ended up making each block pieced by hand using various colors of flannel fabric. The black parts I used fleece fabric so it gives it a furry feel to it :-P I think it turned out kinda cute. I purchased a navy blue twin flat sheet from Walmart ($2.50, what a deal) to use as the backing of this quilt. I used my sewing machine to stitch the front to the backing stitching along the seams of the patchwork quilt. The backing I cut larger by two inches all the way around then ironed the edge in half then half again then I just pulled it to the front to make the quilts binding. I've never made a quilt before and I am very pleased at how this turned out.

I finally received the Steve Urkel doll (from the show Family Matters) that I bought off of e-bay. That doll I'm going to make into the shows main character "DJ Lance Rock" I've never made doll clothing either...wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment