Show & Tell Friday~

Friday, February 15, 2008
This week I'm sharing a little treasure chest I've painted for my grandson's Pirate birthday party in April.I purchased the chest from a second hand store and painted it just as it was to keep it looking old and battered. I lined the inside of the chest with some map wall paper. I've also made a wall sign with my grandson's name. I purchased some wooden letters and covered them with some maps I got for free from another second hand store. (Don't you just love second hand stores?) Anywho, I used water solvable ink around the edges of each letter then I used something called decoupage finish on top of that...and that caused the ink to wash over the map causing the bright/vibrant colors to become aged. I drilled holes into each letter and added knotted suede roving to make it appear that it was tied onto the large oval... but I just glued them on. (I used the same technique on the ovals map) I then glued rope around the edge added some suede roving, made a hanger and taaaaaaadaaaaaaa, instant cute!
This Show & Tell is hosted by: Kelli

0 comments:

Post a Comment