Mixed Media Monday~

Sunday, March 30, 2008
This weeks theme: using the word "Believe" I've been working on this piece all week off and on. As soon as I read what the theme was going to be I immediately pictured this in my mind... the typewriter, the bird in the nest made from pages from a book-- and of course the word "Believe"~ I completely covered the typewriter with pages from a book called "Prudy Keeping House" The book was printed in 1873. The typewriter is still fully functional... and I will continue to use it whenever I am needing "type-text" :-) Here is a close up of the nest- which can be lifted up to create a useable typewriter~I have used the word believe in several art pieces I've made in the past... here is another piece I made a few months ago. The little baby with wings is sitting in a bed of green moss~ I used vintage silver wire jewelry pieces for the accents of flowers & leaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment