Show & Tell Friday

Friday, March 7, 2008
This week I'm sharing my beloved Cats~ I have four! (I hope thats not against the show & tell rules...*fingers crossed* but they are in my home, and I do love them...so I guess it's a go???)

Below is Mr. Zacky-man... my orange tabby who I got at an outdoor antique show in a town about a hour and a half away. I caught him in mid-yawn here...he likes to sleep on this down filled blanket. He thinks he is a "Tom-cat" when he really isn't! I've spent hundreds on his boo-boos the bad-bad kitty! He is my indoor/outdoor kitty...He works the graveyard shift...up allllllll night long, sleeps alllllllll day long. Ohhhh and he is a drooler. He gets so happy he drools... yep, yucky-poo! He is about 9 years old~Below is Mocha... she is called a tortoiseshell cat. My daughter went with her boyfriend (now her husband) to get a kitten. (There was a lady who hadn't been spaying her cats and had loads of kittens that were going to the pound, so we thought we would rescue one of them) Anyway, she told me that she was going to get "thee-most-beautifulist-cat they had" Now...unless your looking at Mocha in very bright light, the fur that is beige disappears and she looks like she has balding patches. lol She does not like to be touched! She sits like this for hours on my nightstand watching me sleep. Mocha is about 4 years old now~This is Baby. My little gray-girl. She was given to me by my daughter for my 40th birthday...so she is now 3 years old. She likes to have her paw/paws dangle.... but watch out, she does this so she can grab you as you pass by her. Clothing, skin-- she doesn't care, she'll just grab you. In a nice way of course lol Ohhhhhhhhhh and she kisses. You'll be laying in bed and she will climb up on your chest and reach over and plant her lips right on yours.... and she'll keep on kissing you until you push her off. (I know some of you are saying GROSS.... but its precious HONEST!)Lastly, below is my little love-bug, my little tabby named Charlie. This is the little ferral kitty that I rescued that was near death. I had seen her and 2 other kittens along with the mother roaming around the house across the street from my daughters new home. One day while visiting my daughter she was feeding them... and this tiny kitten was so starved she couldn't run or walk away from me, it was all she could do to TRY to eat the dry cat food that was on the plate. Needless to say, that little soul got scooped up and tucked into a basket with a towel over the top of it... and I guess you could say I stole her from those neglectful people across the street.
She is still a ferral kitty, she doesn't like to be picked up at all and will claw at you to be put down. Yet she will lay down and sleep in the bed with me...under the covers even. She runs down the hall after me, she waits outside the bathroom door for me... and she loves me. How lucky can a girl get?

Please remember to spay and neuter all your pets :-) Its the right thing to do!! Now tell me dear readers...how many cats do you own???
This show & tell is hosted by Kelli~

0 comments:

Post a Comment