Show & Tell Friday~

Friday, April 11, 2008
This week I'm showing off a beautiful painting that I picked up for only $2.... great price but A LOT of damage. Someone had actually scratched the paint right off the canvas... gasp! I just couldn't let this beautiful mother and child be neglected any longer. They almost look scared don't they...There were big scratches all over the painting--- their faces & hair, the babies legs, the blue of her skirt. It seems every part had some damage to it. grrrrrrrrrr why would someone do that? I fixed it though~ I think it turned out fabulous, I'm really happy with the results. I used some thick texture paint and a putty knife to completely fill in the scratches in the brown background (letting it dry before repainting it.) Then I just used some acrylic paints and started dabbing/wiping/mixing/redabbing paint all over the painting until I was happy with the results. Then I went over the entire painting with my fabulous fix all...yep, that yellowish antique finish I put over everything lol. And taaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaa.... back to being fabulously cute.
This show & tell was hosted by Kelli~

0 comments:

Post a Comment