Transformation Thursday!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Well....here is my transformation for this week. As mentioned last week, I said I was going to make some paper roses using pages from vintage books. I have a huge collection of old books dating as far back as the late 1800's, most I picked up for .25cents each. (I've never paid over $1 for an old book!) What to do with so many books right? I mean I've glued the pages onto just about everything..... Soooooooo why not make a bouquet of paper roses! Of course that would be the next logical thing to do right? Now.... I am wanting to make some tight rose buds!! Now, how cute would that be?? (thats on my ever growing "to do" list) For now, I just plunked them in a milk glass bowlie/vase and added some glittered flowers & other stuff that was close by to fill it in a bit. I like how it turned out.... the pages from the vintage book I used were slightly brittle, causing some tearing on the roses curled petals, but not to much. (I just cut those bits off) Here is a closeup... I think I'll take these out of this container and place them in a cone of sheet music and take them to an upcoming party as a small hostess gift ....eh gawds, you just never know what junk I'll bring to your house! :-) The next batch of roses are going to be a lot better/cuter since I've now worked out the bugs on this dozen... the next ones are for me! This is a very easy-peasy do it yourself project... Just don't overthink it, just go with the flow...every rose is different, no two are alike.... and if they turn out ugly... you can recycle them, so everything is right with the world~You can also view more transformations over at "Shabby Chic Cottage" and over at "A Soft Place to Land" Kimba is hosting a "do it yourself" linky party. The Coloradolady is also hosting a Vintage Thingie Thursday. Last but not least...Leigh over at "Tales From Bloggeritaville" is hosting a Thrifty Thursday linky party~

0 comments:

Post a Comment