Thrifted treasures...

Monday, October 5, 2009
Geeze, I haul home a bunch of junk each week.... I've resolved to get rid of as much as I haul home... so far, I'm not keeping up with that resolution!Anwho, here are photos of my latest treasures. This antique wooden shelf was only $5. Here is a close up, would you look at that detail!This very tall/skinny white tree was $2.A fall wreath for $2 Two matching aluminum bowlies were .50cents each... (I lurve things that match) seashells .50cents, floral tape- wire ribbon-gold angel ornaments all for .50cents, shamrock earrings- pink & gold earrings a vintage photo book with photos- a vintage lipstick holder-- a box of large pins and a necklace all for $1.This boutique of flowers was .50cents....all new with the tags still on them a total of $23 buckeroos if bought new at the store! This lovely basket was $1-- it is new with a $26 dollar price tag on it. The jars with the ribbons through the lids were .10cents each and the goldtone bathroom powder container was .25cents. I noticed the jars that I bought at the first yard sale this morning fit snuggly into the basket that I purchased at the very last garage sale I went to.... how serendipit~ious.Yards & yards of fabric and lace for $1.50~A box full of china for $5~Post card photos and new & vintage postcards-- all of this was only $3~Lastly, this fabulous old-old green velvet chair for the mere sum of $20. I know, I know-- fabulous chair! It is comfy and very well built-- and its all mine! After getting the tag to buy it, (from a thrift store) I felt remorseful until other ladies gathered around it... loving on it... so of course I had to go buy it and take it home. I'm thinking of painting the wood white... *gasp* I know right? but I'm trying my darn-dest to get a more "shabby chic" look instead of just shabby....Head on over to Diane's blog to see more Tuesday Treasures on her linky for "2nd Time Around Tuesday"

0 comments:

Post a Comment