Brown bag Card~

Sunday, May 16, 2010
I made my very first card using a brown paper bag for my mother for Mother's day. I think it turned out kinda caute for something made using a paper sack. I took a photo of myself as a small child (eh gawds, I guess you could say a vintage photo of myself!) and made a transparency with it. (if your going to do this as well, make a mirrored copy so the emulsion will be on the inside of the card) Anywho, I used some velum paper under the transparency which I then colored using some chalk to give the picture some color. I stitched on the bag, inked it, painted it and stitched it somemore. I turned the folded section of the paper bag into a pocket to hold a gift card~I also made a pocked on the backside to hold one of my info-cards~I made a sheet music envelope to hold the card and tied it up with some vintage fabic that I stamped with one of my favorite stamps.I happened upon a bundle of smaller bags recently at a second hand store for super cheap.... I'm thinking of making tags out of them. Another... "one of these days I'm going to do that projects~ "

0 comments:

Post a Comment