Mixed media Monday

Sunday, August 15, 2010
This weeks challenge theme is: embellish.
I've chosen to embellish a manila file folder. I created this vintage inspired soon-to-be tag holder to hold 6 tags I'm making for a Wizard of Oz tag swap. I added a glittered star with Toto climbing up from behind it on the cover. I made Toto using illustration board that I covered with textured paint and then used a stylis to make the fur on the dog. The white paint is on some of the raised areas of the textured paint. I gave the dog blue eyes~Here is the piece opened up. I numbered each pocket~
I used torn muslin on the seams to give it an even older feel to the piece.
Here is the backside... I adore the "antique" glue that I use, it gives everything a beautiful aged look~
I put so much time on this... to much time... so of course I want full credit!Next weeks theme is: seeing red.... I'm going to work that into the tags I've to make!
If you'd like to join in on the "Wizard of Oz" tag swap... visit Karla over at her blog "Karla's Cottage" and sign up~

0 comments:

Post a Comment