Textiles

Friday, April 22, 2011
I seriously must single handedly have the largest collection of crocheted trims, table cloths & embroidered pieces ever amassed. Even more so, because I hardly ever use any of it! I did make a cover for this bird cage awhile back.... I think it turned out rather cute. The chippy bird cage and stand I picked up at a yard sale for $15.
This next bird cage was needing a cover as well... I just stitched the edges of a long rectangle piece of fabric which I added vintage crocheted trim to the edges of. Easy peasy...I have one of my beloved images that I simply treasure that I've made into a fairy inside the cage... I call him "Sweet Pete" I have him sitting on the swing inside the cage. I have over 30 bird cages of different sizes and shapes through out my home.... I know right?.... I think a few more cages might be getting some crocheted trim added to them as well.
I've linked up to Freckled Laundries textile linky party, and Beverly's Pink Saturday linky party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment