Fourth of July weekend...

Monday, July 4, 2011
I finally got around to fixing up this antique oak shelf I picked up about two years ago at a yard sale for $5 bucks. The shelf is meant to hang on the wall, so it doesn't have a back on it.... well I fixed that.I am going to use this as a free standing shelf, so I wanted the shelves to have a back on them so nothing would fall off the backside when I start to overload them with fun vintage stuff. I cut pieces of foam core and wedged that between each shelf. I then added some hundred year old sheet music and distressed the edges with a brown ink pad. I also made the curvy bit at the top of the shelf and covered that with sheet music as well. I really like how it turned out, now I have a nice little shelf to place some fun vignettes on. The only down side to adding fun/cute things to my studio is, I live in the last remaining dust bowl of the world ---- Fresno. Talcum powder dust coating eVeRyThInG. And don't suggest I dust more often to combat the dust build up.... 'cause I just won't believe you.

I also came across this bird cage that needed some attention, a "floor" to be exact. So while I had the foam core out I cut a bit to fit the bottom. Then of course, I had to spray paint the cage and add a cutie-pie fairy inside it and then and only then could I place it back upon my shelf.I also hung some lace curtains.... and... and... Oh nuts.... I'll be honest, I'm just trying to get out of painting a bookcase. I'm getting sick of paintin'.... I've linked up to Very Merry Vintage Style-- "Share the Love" linky party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment