Metal tag

Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Having bought 3 rolls of metal tape a long time ago, I sometimes find a need to play with it. I didn't want a huge project, so I made a simple tag. I cut a tag shape out of chipboard to which I simply glued chipboard letters to. While the glue was drying, I used my paper cutter, to cut the metal tape into random size squares. I then just willy-nilly started sticking the metal tape onto the tag covering the tag and chipboard letters completely. I even covered the backside of the tag as well. Next, I burnished the metal tape around each letter being careful not to break through the tape. I used nail polish remover to remove the red logo on the metal tape. Once that was finished, I took a regular ol' pen and started poking holes along each edge of the squares of metal tape giving it the appearance of being riveted together.
Lastly, I painted black paint onto the tag and using a facecloth, rubbed it into the crevices to give it a time worn appearance. I used gray vintage seam binding to finish off the tag. Easy peasy~

0 comments:

Post a Comment