New couch and chair

Monday, February 27, 2012
I bought a plastic barbie couch for .50¢ a few months ago from a thrift store. It was missing the entire back panel of the couch and the bottom as well. I added illustration board cut to fit the openings to fix it up. I wanted a matching chair for the couch, so I used parts of the couch as a pattern and made one completely out of illustration board. I used hot glue to adhere some vintage fabric to the set cutting it to fit the contour of each piece as I went. I added pink trim to the bottom of the set and painted the legs of the couch and chair black.... the matching tall stool was made using a lid off a hair spray can. Barbie is a happy girl~

I've linked to: Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday


Post a Comment