Vintage suitcase

Thursday, October 20, 2011
I purchased this round suitcase at a yard sale a few years back for only $2.00. At first, I thought I'd make a pirate suitcase with it, but I never got around to doing anything with it. Even though it looks like leather, it is actually made of wood. Recently while looking for a container to hold my grandaughters play clothes.... I came across it again stuffed in a closet. (I knew I'd use it eventually!) With a little bit of spray paint and some fabulous labels, I ended up with this. A vintage suitcase!I was lucky enough to come across six boxes of suitcase labels--- 45 labels in each box. Quick calculation: 270 labels for which I paid $2.00. *big smile* I sanded and inked the edges to give it a well traveled look to it.....Here is the backside of the round suitcase~ Now, all I have to do is load it up with my grandaughters beautiful dress up clothing. I've linked up to Charm Bracelet Diva's "Club G.W."

0 comments:

Post a Comment