Transformation Thursday~

Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I picked up this small dress form awhile back at a yard sale for only $1.50-- I know right? Who wouldn't buy it? The price on the bottom said at one time it sold for $14.99......Well....I stuck it way up on a shelf until I decided what to do with it. Here she is standing next to Mr. Hunky.... I really enjoyed gluing the fabric sheet music to his torso, hubba-hubba... *good times-good times*Hmmmmmmmm what to cover it with vintage sheet music? old yellowed book pages... nahhhhhhhh... buttons? Now your talkin'! I have a huge-HUGE button collection. Seriously~ Here is a previous post showing some of my buttons... Anywho, I painted the stand & base along with the wooden top of the form with an almond color spray paint and then just hot glued a zillion buttons onto the form. I created a scalloped edge to the base of the dress form... you can barely see it in this photo-- but it is scalloped!It took me about 3 days of working on it off and on to get it finished. I just cranked up the t.v. and mindlessly glued on buttons until it was finished... Taaaaaaaaaa daaaaaaa instant (okokok, not so instant) caute! You can see more "Show & Tell" treasures over at Kelli's blog "There is no place like Home" You can also view more transformations over at "Shabby Chic Cottage" and over at "A Soft Place to Land" Kimba is hosting a "do it yourself" linky party. The Coloradolady is also hosting a Vintage Thingie Thursday. Next Thursday I am hoping to transform old pages from a vintage book into a dozen roses~
Here is a photo of my young doves newest babies. These two babies brings this years total to 6. Two more and she is going to be called "Octo-mom"

If you have linked to my blog and wish to view more, you can click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment